Sunday, January 6

Water a day challenge

I am taking part in the Apothecary Circle and one of our first things to do is to make sure we are drinking enough water. 80-100 ounces (2.37-2.96 litres) a day of water! It is advised that we do a 'morning flush', this is to drink 16-32 ounces (0.47-0.95 litres) of water first thing in the morning before doing anything else. So far so good, I have started to drink 27 ounces (0.8 litres) every morning. It is quite tough but I think the pros far out weigh the cons. Then sipping water throughout the day, having a glass of water before and after your meals and drinking extra if you drink coffee. It is hard to remember to drink, there are apps out there such as Water Your Body to remind you to drink your water. I have decided to test this one out as I think I could use some reminding.

Hydration is key to being healthy. If you want to change one thing this year make sure you are drinking enough 'pure' water. Are you up for the challenge? I know that in the past I have struggled with drinking enough each day. Over the Christmas holiday I was really bad and drank about 5 glasses of water the whole time I was visiting family. It is a easy habit to fall out of but such a good habit to have. Proper hydration really is a life changer. Here are some of the benefits of being hydrated; headaches disappear, it helps to regulate sleep and on waking you feel refreshed, it helps improve digestion, skin and hair quality improves and hormones begin to balance out. I will write more about what I have personally discovered as the challenge progresses. I hope this has inspired you to take up the challenge. Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment