Wednesday, February 6

Ten day fast

Apothecary Circle - Ten day fast

February seems to be the month of firsts; so far I have eaten Sauerkraut, oil pulled,smudged and used oracle cards, lit a candle for Candlemas, made tinctures and started a fast. It was a busy weekend! 

I have now started a ten day fast. This is linked to the Apothecary Circle. I didn't want to fast from food/solids as I don't think my body would react well and I don't feel comfortable doing it while having to go to work. I think maybe this will be something for the future, possibly the summer.

I have never fasted before. I found it quite a challenge to think of something to give up. (I don't drink or smoke). Once I really thought about it, I came up with these - 


  • Caffeine - not much of a challenge as I only drink one cup of tea a day.
  • Chocolate - this will be be difficult, I eat it about 2-3 times a week. I like to sit and relax with a detox tea and a few squares of dark chocolate.
  • Meat - this will be a challenge as I will have to make yummy meals (must remember to marinate the tofu) so my hubby forgets he is not eating meat. (failed this one meals are not yummy, need for follow recipes). I have offered to cook meat a couple of times, fairs fair.
  • Biscuits - I am giving these up because they are over processed and full of sugar, I eat about 10 a week.
  • Swearing - I do this too much and I am very blasé about it. f**k being my favorite. For this one I have decided to have a swear jar, every time I swear Green Peace gets 50 pence.
  • Social media - I use social media on my phone way too much. I wake in the morning and check Facebook and I read blogs before sleeping both of these habits I would like to stop. So this is a good time to start stopping.    
I am getting the urge for all of these things. Why is it when you say 'no' something in you says 'yes'.

Wow, that is a lot to remember! Wish me luck I may need it...

No comments:

Post a Comment